Last weekend, we had a small four person celebration for the end of finals and the official end of my husband’s second year of law school (ONLY ONE MORE YEAR LEFT!!!)
I was craving burgers but wanted to spice things up a bit. I used ingredients that I had laying around the house; this recipe is the end product of my experiment!
Oven Baked Fries
3 large Russet potatoes
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp paprika (smokey, if you’re feeling adventurous)
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400*.
2. Slice potatoes thinly.
3. Toss potatoes in olive oil and sprinkle on spices. Toss until potatoes are coated evenly.
4. Spread potatoes on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Flip and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned on both sides.
Spicy Feta Turkey Burgers
1 lb. ground turkey
1/4 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup onions, diced
1 tbsp. red pepper flakes (or less, if you can’t handle the heat!)
2 tbsp. Chesapeake Bay seasoning
dash of soy sauce
salt & pepper
1/4 c. breadcrumbs
1. Combine all ingredients except the breadcrumbs in a mediums sized bowl.
2. Mix with your hands and feel the texture. If the mixture is very sticky, add a little bit of bread crumbs to help bind everything together.
3. Form into small patties (I think mine were about 3 1/2 inches in diameter).
5. Turn on your fake barbeque (don’t judge….I have no back yard) and grill until the center of the burgers are no longer pink.
The spread: Fries, lettuce, tomatoes and LOTS of condiments.
These burgers are so good that you don’t really need condiments or extra cheese, but hey, it’s a habit!