Need a terrific recipe for those days that are too hot to turn the oven on? Try this one!
1 package orecchiette pasta
130 g. jar of Salsa al Tartufo Nero (truffle salsa)
1 jar roasted red peppers, chopped (or 2 freshly roasted peppers)
2 large green onions, chopped
7 strips bacon, cooked and roughly chopped
1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan + a little extra to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta as directed on package. Make sure not to over cook; it’s better for the pasta to be slightly on the tougher side of al dente so that it holds up as the pasta chills. Once cooked, drain and run under cold water for 30 seconds.
2. Place pasta in a large bowl and gently stir in the mushroom salsa. Make sure to stir enough so the pasta is evenly coated.
3. Stir in peppers, onions, bacon and
4. Add Parmesan, salt and pepper and gently toss.
5. Chill for at least three hours.
6. Serve with another heap of freshly grated Parmesan!
What’s your favorite no-cook recipe for hot summer days?