These cookies are extremely easy to make and ridiculously delicious.
I still can’t believe that I could think up something so incredible and decadent. I think the ghost of Julia Child must have been whispering in my ear…
Coconut & Maple Chocolate Chunk Cookies
makes about 18 cookies
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup coconut oil (I used Kelapo)
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp. vanilla
2/3 cup raisins
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
2. Add in coconut oil, syrup and vamilla. **Make sure the coconut oil is in a liquid state. If it’s cold out, the oil is probably solid. To make it liquid, simply place in a saucepan over very low heat for a minute or so.
3. After everything is thoroughly combined, add in the raisins and chocolate gently stir to combine with batter.
4. Roll batter into small ping pong sized balls then flatten slightly with your hands before placing on prepared cookie sheets.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies have slightly browned.
6. Cool on baking racks and share with the world!
To make the cookies even more decadent, I drizzled on a mixture of almond milk, powdered sugar and coco powder. Not sure what the measurements were, I just combined a little of each until it formed a nice glaze.