Why is it that my “clean out the fridge” dishes are always my best recipes? Maybe I should start buying groceries blindfolded; I would be the best chef in New York City!
2 cups Brown rice pasta (can substitute any kind of pasta)
1 large handful fresh cilantro, chopped
1 small onion
1 red pepper
1 tomato, chopped
handful of cured black olives (can substitute any kind of olive)
1 cup fresh Parmesan, grated
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Cut eggplant and onion lengthwise into long thin slices.
3. Grill Eggplant
4. Grill Onions (and more eggplant!)
5. Cut eggplant into bite sized pieces and roughly chop the grilled onions.
6. Roast red pepper. Let the pepper sit after roasting for a few minutes on the cutting board, then cut into bite sized pieces.
7. Pit and roughly chop olives.
8. Assemble the salad!
9. Add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine.
I almost died from heat exhaustion after grilling and boiling the water for this dish (when is it going to be bearable outside?!), so I chilled the salad for about 15 minutes before we dove in. It was delicious, but I’m sure it would be just as good served warm!
P.S. I’m looking for some healthy no-cook dinner ideas. Anyone have a good dish?