You know those mornings when you want a hot breakfast, but only have the energy to make a bowl of cereal?
But then you realize that you actually don’t have cereal in the house?
Necessity is the mother of invention, my friends.
This dish is a basically a quick and smaller version of a quiche, serving only two at a time. You could easily adjust the servings by adding some more veggies and the amount of eggs (two per person).
So long, boring bowl of cereal!
Sunday Morning Quick Sausage & Egg Bake
makes 2 servings
1 cup of sliced sausage (I used some of our last homemade sausage from Kosovo)
1 tsp. olive oil
1 large green onion, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup tomato, diced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste
1. Cook the sausage over medium heat, browning both sides.
2. Once sausage has cooked, remove from it from the pan and set aside. Add olive oil and onion in the pan and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add peppers and a pinch of salt and saute for another minute.
4. Add the tomatoes and another pinch of salt.
5. Quickly beat the eggs and immediately add to the pan, trying to cover all of the vegetables with the eggs.
6. Top the eggs with the cooked sausage.
7. Cover with grated cheese then put a lid on the pan. Cook for about 4 minutes, or until eggs are cooked and the cheese has melted.
8. Cut a big slice for yourself
9. Give the rest of the pan to your husband, who refuses to take the time to put the eggs on a plate; he’ll just go ahead and eat it right out of the pan.
Sausage = Happy Husband.