Oh man. These cookies are so fantastic. I’m sitting at a coffee shop right now and thinking about walking 10 minutes to my apartment just to eat one.
There are a variety of textures going on in these cookies that makes them taste like they took all day to make. In fact, they were quite easy to throw together!
Chocolate Carrot Cake Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 medium-sized carrots, grated
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice (or a mixture of cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, etc.)
1 cup chocolate covered raisins
1. In a medium-sized bowl, cream together butter and sugar.
2. Beat in the egg then gently stir in grated carrots.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices.
4. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until thoroughly combined.
5. Add in raisins and stir to combine.
6. Chill batter for 15 minutes and preheat oven to 375*.
7. On a lightly oiled baking sheet, spoon on about two tablespoons worth of batter for each cookie. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until cookies are browned. They will be still spongy in the middle – don’t fear, they will stiffen up upon cooling.
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1. Combine all ingredients into a small bowl.
2. Lightly drizzle on top of cooled cookies.
What’s your favorite easy cookie recipe?