Summer. The beach. Fresh seafood. Yum.
I think that I could end up ruining this simple but decadent dinner with too much commentary. So instead, here’s a little photo essay with a couple of recipes!
1/2 lb. fresh sea scallops
1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. soy sauce
1. Rinse scallops and gently pat dry with a clean paper towel.
2. Combine all ingredients but the scallops in a small bowl.
3. Place scallops in bowl and stir gently until they are coated evenly with the mixture. Let mixture sit in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes.
4. Heat a grill pan (or normal skillet) with a bit of oil on medium.
5. Grill scallops on each side for about 2 minutes or until they turn opaque (watch carefully, because this happens quicker than you think!)
Don’t forget the butter sauce:
1/2 stick of butter
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Melt butter and garlic together in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Stir frequently so the butter doesn’t burn.
3. Dip EVERYTHING in it.
1. Shuck some fresh corn
2. Boil water
3. Place corn into water
4. Four minutes later: take corn out of water and cover with garlic butter sauce.
1. Chop as many potatoes as you care to eat.
2. Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a skillet.
3. Add potatoes and any spices you’d like. I used paprika, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Saute until potatoes are tender (about 15 minutes).
1. Buy fresh oysters
2. Make someone else shuck them
3. Eat with a side of hot sauce, lemon, and vodka.
4. Sprinkle the hot sauce & lemon on the oysters and chase with a sip of vodka. 🙂
Homework: Get off the computer and enjoy the rest of your summer, it’s almost over!!!
p.s.s. All the food was purchase from Mac’s Seafood; our favorite seafood place hands down!