After that way too complicated Cranberry Upside Down Cake , I really needed a break from all that mixing, simmering, and baking! This recipe is definitely the easiest AND most delicious dessert that I know how to make. That, combined with the small amount of ingredients, may make it the best dessert ever.
Raw Walnut & Date Balls
2 c. medjool dates, pitted
1.5 c. walnuts (you could really use any nut you have!)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tbsp. cocoa powder
1/2 c. oats
1. Get out your food processor and process the walnuts until they are the consistency of a flour (it is ok to leave some larger chunks of nuts) then place in an medium-sized bowl.
2. Place dates, vanilla and cocoa powder in the food processor. Process until everything is well mixed.
3. Add the date mix in with the walnuts and use your hands to combine all the ingredients together.
4. Roll into ping pong-sized balls.
5. If you want to add a little color contrast and crunchy texture, roll the balls in whole oats (they should stick right on the outside).
…Not the most photogenic thing I’ve ever made, but they make up for it in taste! Enjoy!
Do you have an easy dessert recipe?