Macaroni and cheese was the only thing that I continually craved throughout pregnancy. Was it the cheese? The carbs? The comfort food factor? Whatever it is, I wanted it. All. The. Time.
At some point, I got the energy to put together my Grandmother’s recipe. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make. The end result was completely satisfying and outrageously delicious!
8 oz. elbow macaroni
12 oz. can evaporated milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
1/2 t. garlic powder
1 1/2 – 2 c. shredded sharp cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 350*. Cook and drain macaroni.
2. Combine beaten eggs, canned milk, and seasonings.
3. Place half the noodles in an oiled casserole dish, then half the cheese.
4. Repeat with the remaining noodles and cheese.
5. Pour egg and milk mixture over the noodles and cheese.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes until bubbly and browned on top.
This may be the evaporated milk talking, but I love the fact that this recipe feels so old-fashioned.
What’s your favorite family comfort food recipe?